Monday, August 13, 2007

Eight Random Facts about Me Meme

Permanent Head Damage (PhD) tagged me for 8 random facts about me recently, so here goes (some of it you know already, I am sure).

(1) I read comics in the bathtub.
Yeap, I think that is the best place to read it. With the bathtub full of warm water, of course. What do you think I am? I am still a great fan of Batman, Spiderman, Daredevil, The Mighty Thor, Wonder Woman, Superman, Wolverine, and Green Lantern. I started reading and collecting them when comics first appeared so you know how old I am. My mother told me to read comics so that I can improve my English. She doesn’t understand a word of English and thinks comics is an educational magazine. God bless you, Mum.

(2) I am a Trekkie, nowadays called Trekker.
I am a great fan of Star Trek. I have the complete collection of Star Trek movies and television series, initially on video tape, then on LD, CD, and now on DVD. Man, I have to pay royalties for each episodes 4 times! I also have almost every novels and comics published on Star Trek which comes up to about a 1000 items. Star Trek saved my sanity once and I shall never forget it. On fine day, I shall write a book, The Gospel according to Star Trek.

(3) I love making models of space ships and batmobiles.
The top of my bookshelves are full of plastic model spaceships. I have collected and made most of the science fiction spaceships. One thing I love about painting spaceships as the spaceships do not exist so you can paint it anyway you wants. Anyone has a problem with that? Recently I have also turned to making batmobile. This is a photo of my latest, a Romulan Scorpion light fighter from the Star Trek Movie, Nemesis.

(4) I love computer gaming, especially when I am winning.
My reaction time may not be as fast as I used to be and I cannot remember all the keystrokes but I save a lot. Computer gaming keeps me wake at night. I love real time strategy games but do not mind a shooter or two. One day, when I grow up, I wanna get a playstation.

(5) I collect Batman action figures.
With the different stories and variation in the Dark Knight, I started collecting Batman action figures. They are still in their display boxes. No, I do not play with them. If I want to, I usually read a comic, watch the movies and animated series on DVDs.

(6) I am doing a PhD as a hobby.
Yes, I know. People not only think me weird but also crazy. “Why are you doing a PhD for at your age? You do not need it.” “For fun” I will reply, “For Permanent head Damage (PhD).” Why can’t we study for the love of study? I get many weird looks.


(7) I love watching movies and television series.

I love action movies with a lot of blood, gore, and mayhem. I am uncomfortable with emotional loaded movies because, hey, in my line of work I get a lot of emotions thrown at my face. Being a sensitive empath does not help at all.

My favourite television series are Magnum PI, The A-team, X-Files, Babylon 5, Colombo, Alias, and Band of Brothers.



(8) I love books.
Here is a confession. I am a biblioholic.

bib/li/o.ho.lism n. [BIBLIO+HOLISM] book, of books; the habitual longing to purchase, read ,store, admire and consume books in excess. Yes, I have a book on that too. I buy and read books. I collect signed first edition. I have books that have picture of books. When I walk past a pretty girl and a bookstore, guess where I will be staring? And I do not give away or lend my books, so keep away. Plez.

No comments:

Post a Comment