Saturday, February 14, 2009

Problems with the Manga Messiah?


I have received some negative comments about the Manga Messiah by some church leaders. I am curious about their objections. Is it because they are not used to the manga illustrations and their way of story telling? Or they object to the Gospel story told in a comic format? The Manga Messiah is all about Jesus Christ as told in the four Gospels.

I have read through the whole of Manga Messiah and I cannot find anything seriously wrong with it. This is taking into account that it is a paraphrased narrative synoptic telling of the the Gospel story. It is illustrated in the manga style which will appeal to the younger people who are reading lots of Japanese manga. I will not hesitate to recommend it to the younger folks.

I will be interested to know what are some of the objections to it.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment