Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blog Anniversary 2010

I started this blog on 1st January 2006 and has completed four years of blogging and this is my 2,001st post. As I begin my fifth year of blogging, I wish to thank all the readers who have read my posts. Some of you have become my friends. I appreciate the interactions and feedback either as comments on my blogs, Facebook, emails, SMS and letters.

I started this blog as a way to learn more about blogging. Gradually I find that this blog has become a way for me to voice out new ideas, and to process my thinking. Here I do find all your comments helpful. Writing the posts, reviewing the books I have read, movies I have seen, comics I have enjoyed, and computer games I have completed makes me more precise and disciplined in my thinking. It forces me to relate what I have just encountered with my belief system and worldview.

This blog is about my spirituality. I am a Christian by choice. My theology is Reformed. Christianity to me is not about a set of 'do' and 'don't' but about living out my beliefs in my everyday life. This includes my job, my hobbies, my reading and thought life. It should not be a surprise to some of my readers that a Christian may enjoy movies, reading books and comics, playing computer games and collecting Batman action figures. Or be tolerant of other religious traditions.

Most of all, I want to emphasis here, my blog is about my understanding of what Christianity is all about. I offer this blog as a resource. That is why I post links to articles, videos or other websites. The other resource I offer is my website Kairos Spiritual Formation where I have posted most of my writings and commentaries.

Thank you again for reading and visiting this blog. See ya and a Happy New Year

.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. May 2010 bring lots more joyful and helpful blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Alex! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Alex! Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. only 4 years. many more to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alex, has it been that long? 4 years makes you a veteran in the blogosphere. Congrats! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys,

    Thank you for being my blogging buddies and thank you for your well wishes.

    ReplyDelete