Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

My idea of a good computer game is a real time strategy game like Command & Conquer. I have enjoyed playing all the games in the series with their expansion packs. The storyline is captivating and I find the graphics improving with each new game. However the AI remains not too smart which I am happy with. Otherwise I will lose too often. Thank God, for being able to save the gameplay. The last few games is about the war between the Brotherhood of Nod and the Global Defense Initiative.

Just released is Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars which is a real-time strategy game developed by Electronic Arts Los Angeles for the Windows and Xbox 360 platforms, and is a sequel to the 1999 RTS title Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and its expansion pack Firestorm by Westwood Studios. Canonically it takes place at the advent of and during the "Third Tiberium War", after the Brotherhood of Nod launches an unexpected and worldwide offensive against the Global Defense Initiative, abruptly ending a period of seventeen years of silence and crippling GDI forces everywhere. With the odds tipped in Nod's favor this time, GDI field commanders rally their troops and begin to combat the Brotherhood's second re-emergence, trying to restore lost hope. The game also features the introduction of a new third faction (Scrin) to the Tiberian series of the Command & Conquer games, and is the second C&C title in which players are able to upgrade their forces.

It sounds promising. Now I have to find time to play the game. I find these games addictive. Once started, I find it hard to stop. In the past, I would play until 5.30am and crept to bed before the wife wake up! So much for self discipline.




No comments:

Post a Comment